A full copy of the Club Constitution is available to all Club members (or prospective members) by contacting the Club. An extract of salient points is provided below.
Rochford Running Club is affiliated with England Athletics under licence number 7692338
Black vest with blue logo and writing; black shorts. Alternative colours are blue vest with black writing.
- to facilitate participation in and promotion of recreational and competitive running in the Rochford District and amongst the community and related sporting & social activities;
- to provide other ordinary benefits of an amateur sports club as set out in Schedule 18 of the Finance Act 2002 including without limitation provision of suitably qualified coaches, coaching courses, insurance, medical treatment, post training/meet refreshment; and
- to do all such things as the Committee thinks fit to further the interests of the club or to be incidental or conducive to the attainment of all or any of the objects above.
Membership of the Club shall be open, on application, to anyone interested in recreational or competitive running, regardless of sex, age (18 and over), disability, ethnicity, race, nationality, sexual orientation, occupation, religion, political or other beliefs.
By becoming a member of the Club, every member agrees to abide by the Club’s Constitution and Rules; the Rules of Competition and other rules and regulations of UK Athletics Limited; and the rules and regulations of England Athletics Limited (or relevant successor bodies).
The Club may, as a condition of membership, require annual or other periodic subscription fees to be paid by members of the Club, as determined from time to time by the Committee provided that the Committee shall ensure that the subscription fees are set on a non-discriminatory basis and do not preclude open membership of the club (see Membership tab for more information).
The day to day management of the Club shall be deputed to a Committee consisting of Honorary Officers and Ordinary Committee Members.
Any member may be nominated by any other two members, with his/her approval, as a candidate for any of the posts of Honorary Officer or Ordinary Committee Member by notice in writing (including email) to the Secretary at least two weeks before the date of the Annual General Meeting.
The Committee may regulate their meetings and proceedings as they think fit. The Committee shall, within two weeks of each meeting, record the decisions that it has taken and publicise these to Club members. As soon as is reasonably possible after a meeting, the Secretary shall distribute minutes of the meeting to the other Committee members for comment.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held within the month of May each year, on a date and at a reasonable time and place to be fixed by the Committee for the following purposes and order of business:
- to receive from the committee an Annual Report, balance sheet and statement of accounts for the preceding financial year;
- to elect the Honorary Officers and the Committee and to ratify the selection of the Honorary President;
- to decide on any resolution which may be duly submitted to the meeting as provided by these Rules.
The Club shall not tolerate the physical or mental abuse, harassment, discrimination or defamation of any of its members during, or subsequent to, Club Events. Any Member may be disciplined or excluded from membership of the Club if his or her conduct has been, or is likely to be, prejudicial to the interests of the Club. Exclusion will be agreed by resolution of a majority of at least two thirds of those present and voting at a properly convened Committee meeting and at which no fewer than nine of the total voting members of the Committee shall be present.